NEH Summer Stipends are an excellent entry point for the NEH and its many awards programs. About forty percent of recent Stipends awardees are first-time applicants. UNCG may nominate up to two faculty members to apply to this program. The internal deadline for UNCG applications will be the first Friday of August (8/5/2022), at 5:00PM, for project to take place in Summer 2023. (The NEH’s application deadline is September 21, 2022.) Additional details are available from the NEH at:
Interested UNCG faculty must submit the following materials through InfoReady Review at https://uncg.infoready4.com/#competitionDetail/1868874.
- Narrative not to exceed three single-spaced pages
- Bibliography in one single spaced page
- Work Plan not to exceed one single-spaced page
- Vita not to exceed two single spaced pages.
- You may also submit a one-page appendix for Editions, Translations, or Database Projects, or for Proposals that Include Visual Materials.
UNCG’s internal deadline of August 5, 2022 provides time for a panel of five UNCG faculty to review the proposals and select up to two proposals that will represent UNCG in this prestigious competition.
NEH Summer Stipends Internal Review Timeline at UNCG
- NEH Summer Stipends Internal Review Timeline at UNCG
- Distribution of NEH flyer across UNCG: May/June
- Selection of new internal reviewers: April/May
- Expected Date – Application currently available
- Internal Deadline for Proposals: Friday, August 5, 2022, 5:00PM (Hard Deadline)
- Internal Reviewers Receive Applications: Friday, August 5, 2022, 5:01 PM
- Internal reviewers complete their reviews: Friday, August 19, 2022
- Internal review panel meets: Aug 22 – Aug 26, for 2 hour block, date TBD
- Applicants notified: Last week Aug or first week Sept, date TBD
- Feedback/comments from review distributed: First or second week Sept, date TBD
- Finalizing proposals and routing: Mid Sept
- External Deadline: September 21, 2022, 5:00PM (Hard Deadline)