NC Biotechnology Center’s Flash Grant program aims to identify and energize creative ideas that exhibit early indications of commercial potential. Funds are available to researchers at any North Carolina university or non-profit research institute.
These $20,000 micro-grants are designed to:
(1) Demonstrate the disruptive potential of a life sciences technology, and/or
(2) Prepare a technology for translational development
An additional intern supplement of up to $7,500 is available to engage an undergraduate student on a Flash project (intern supplement is only available to non-R1 institutions).
Cycle 1 solicitation is now open to sustainability-focused projects in any life sciences sector mentioned below except Class I medical devices and consumer products, including:
(1) Sustainable agricultural research and development methods, products, and technologies (Sustainable/Regenerative AgTech)
(2) Sustainable laboratory research practices, technologies, and products
(3) Sustainable scaling/manufacturing of life sciences products and technologies
(4) Environmental sustainability
Deadline: Wednesday, September 14, 2022 (noon)
Learn more and apply: https://www.ncbiotech.org/funding/grants/flash-grant