UNCG is committed to providing a safe lab environment through effective risk assessment, communication, training, and compliance with federal regulations and institutional policies. Understanding the role of safety programs in the use of biological, chemical, and other hazardous materials is an important requirement for everyone working in a research lab or environment and is an essential component of research integrity. This workshop qualifies as credit for Responsible Conduct of Research training for NIH and NSF funded studies. Topics to be covered include:
- How federal, state and local regulations shape UNCG safety policies in the lab environment.
- What materials, equipment or activities pose a safety or compliance risk in my lab.
- How to implement safety programs to mitigate the risks in my lab.
- What is the role of the Institutional Biosafety Committee (IBC)
Speaker: Eric Zack, Laboratory Safety Manager, Department of Environmental Health and Safety
- Date: Friday, February 25, 2022
- Time: 3pm-4:30pm
- Register at https://workshops.uncg.edu/